For six years, the undercover journalists who exposed Planned Parenthood’s aborted baby body parts trade have been battling a judge’s order blocking them from releasing more videos.
Back in 2015, federal Judge William Orrick, who has ties to Planned Parenthood, blocked David Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress from releasing an additional 200 hours of video footage, The Federalist reports.
The videos were taken at a National Abortion Federation (NAF) convention. NAF is suing Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress for breach of contract. It also wants a permanent ban on the release of the videos.
In February, Daleiden and his lawyers returned to court to argue that they should be allowed to release the videos to the public, according to the report.
Peter Breen, who represents Daleiden with the Thomas More Society, said releasing the undercover footage is a matter of “public interest.” He said police and lawmakers especially should be allowed to access the videos for investigation purposes.
“Certainly, the court would not want to stand in the posture of a censor over something that has First Amendment value and public interest value,” Breen said.
Orrick did not issue a ruling yet, but he told Daleiden and his lawyers that their arguments “aren’t persuasive,” according to the report.
The judge previously agreed with NAF that the videos should not be released because they could compromise the safety of abortion workers. Orrick, who has refused to recuse himself from the case despite having ties to Planned Parenthood, also said he watched the videos and read the transcripts but did not find any evidence of “actual criminal wrongdoing.”
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
However, Daleiden and his lawyers said they have expert testimony from an abortionist who disagrees with the judge.
Dr. Forrest Smith, a California abortionist and OB-GYN, said he reviewed the videos and believes there is strong evidence that Planned Parenthood violated the law, including performing induced abortions that resulted in “live births.”
“Here’s a 50-year experienced abortion doctor who’s worked at Planned Parenthood before, who is saying ‘Actually, your Honor, as a professional in this area, I’m telling you this is extremely wrong, extremely unprofessional, extremely unethical, and extremely illegal,’” Daleiden told The Federalist.
The NAF case is one of several against Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress. Planned Parenthood also sued, and the state attorney general’s office, formerly led by new HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra and Vice President Kamala Harris, is pursuing criminal charges against him.
Daleiden and the CMP investigation did a lot of damage to the abortion industry when they revealed Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts operation. Not only did the undercover investigation raise concerns about potentially illegal sales of human body parts, but it also uncovered evidence of abortionists allegedly putting women’s lives at risk by altering abortion procedures to better harvest aborted baby parts. The investigators also found evidence of possible patient privacy violations.
These findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states. The House and Senate investigations both recommended that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood after finding strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Two of Planned Parenthood’s business partners in Orange County, California also admitted to selling aborted baby body parts in a $7.8 million settlement with the county district attorney’s office.
However, Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.